Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A lot of things about me :-)

Hi, Halo, Namaste, Vanakkam. This is my first blog. I wanted to try something new so I’m blogging!
I am Kathryn. Well I have a long name but we’ll jus forget about the other two names. Protestant Christians have a
practice of christening with three names. I am a pukka protestant Christian so I needn’t tell you the reason. Out of the three I like my first name “Kathryn” the most. I love to be called by this name. Well Kathryn means “Pure”. I’ve always thanked my mother for she was the one who gave me such a beautiful name.
Being christened with such a long name has been so funny. Nobody has ever pronounced all my names correctly. Especially when I was in college when the lecturer was new and he was taking attendance, he/she used to jus keep staring at the paper and not blurts out any name but just stare at them. Then I used to volunteer to pronounce it. People have laughed at it but this has not been humiliating, it’s just been a part of college galatta!!
Now that I’ve spoken about my name, I’ll jus start to tell something about me. I’m a simple person who loves to live a meaningful life.
Life has got its own twists and turns. Ups and downs in life do not prevent us from enjoying its lavishness. Live up your life and don’t live it down. It all depends on how you perceive things. And through the eyes of faith I can clearly see, that God has plans to prosper me.
Born and brought up in chennai, life has been hyper in this metrosexual world. I did my schooling in Church Park. The most sophisticated and “bunda” school. (Bunda is a tamil word for “!@#!#%^#” God knows what …….. hmmmmm…..guess it is hyper stylish, super cool). Life in school was not very enjoyable I would say.

Being run by the Convent, discipline and decorum were its lifelines. Since I was staying close to school, I had to be home for lunch so no suthufying or kataduchifying (this is called Chennai Tamil, don’t mind!). I did pretty good in school.
But still how could I not say about the nice times I had in school. I was part of the school Brass Band. I have played almost all of the blowing instruments……to name a few…..bugle, trumpet, trombone, saxophone, clarinet, euphonium……I also play the keyboard. Having passed the third grade in Trinity College of London, that’s a treasure I seldom use. Had a bunch of friends whom I lost touch with after school.
Next comes my college life…….well life was splendid in college. I did my engineering in Electronics and Communication. We were a whole lot of lovely people. I had two best friends, Nirmala and Porselvi. We were called the “Charlie’s Angels”. Well, so you know how we were. We were so close…….tats what I meant to say.



Finally I finished my B.E. and then the next era of “Working” emerged into my life. My second blog would be about how I got into HCL Technologies.
So, you know I’m working for HCLT and doing Software testing. To briefly describe my job (for those of you who are not familiar with). Driving the developer crazy!! To make the developer curse himself for developing the product and not finding the bugs earlier. Some people say testing is a destructive task. But I feel differently. It improves the quality of the product. It’s a value add to the product. So my life now is, testing, testing, testing and testing.
Well about mu love-life. I’m a die-hard romantic person. Love to meet the person God wants me to get married to. As a typical girl, marriage is a very special dream. In His time, he makes all things beautiful. . By and by…….I have come to end of my first blog. Meet you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment